The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center provides patients with access to the latest advances in cancer care research, from risk reduction to diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and beyond. Comprehensive and collaborative care, clinical trials and cutting-edge treatments are available near you in South Jersey. As the region’s largest health care system, Jefferson Health has nationally recognized experts in all types of cancer and an integrated electronic medical record that enables seamless care across the system, 24 hours a day. 24.
- Complete breast center — Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), the Comprehensive Breast Center offers innovative treatments for breast cancer patients. Breast surgeons work with patients and their physicians to accurately diagnose and treat breast diseases.
- Gastroenterology —The Jefferson Gastroenterology team partners with experts at Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center to manage risk reduction and treatment for gastrointestinal cancers, providing patients with cutting-edge care plans to optimize outcomes and quality of life .
- Gynecological oncology — The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center provides comprehensive gynecological care for women diagnosed with malignant and precancerous conditions of the reproductive organs, including the cervix, ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, vagina and vulva .
- The Lung Nodule Center — The team of medical experts at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center provide ongoing care for patients at increased risk of lung cancer. Smoking cessation counseling and a support group are available with a certified tobacco treatment specialist.
- Medical oncology — Comprehensive medical oncology services including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, iron infusions and therapeutic injections are available.
- Radiation oncology — Cutting-edge technologies, including high dose rate brachytherapy, provide patients with powerful and effective treatment plans. Each patient receives personalized cancer care tailored to their specific diagnosis.
- Surgical oncology — Experts in breast, vascular, urological and gastrointestinal surgery complete the team of clinicians at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center.
“We offer a full range of comprehensive services for cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, support and aftercare.”
—Ana Maria Lopez, MD, MPH, MACP, FRCP
Professor and Acting Chair, Medical Oncology
Professor of Integrative Medicine and Nutritional Sciences, Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Director, Integrative Oncology
Associate Director for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Chief of Cancer Services, Jefferson Health – New Jersey
Medical oncology services now available
at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Cherry Hill
In response to community needs, Jefferson Health is establishing an additional Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center location at Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital.
Medical oncology services are available immediately. Dr. Ana Maria Lopez, chief of cancer services at Jefferson Health in New Jersey, leads a team of medical oncologists at this new location. They will also maintain their practice at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center in Washington Township. In addition to medical oncology and infusion consultation services, surgical oncology is also available at Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital.
“Last year, Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital underwent a $250 million renovation, opening a new seven-story patient pavilion with 90 private patient rooms and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment services,” said said Lisa A. Dutterer, Vice President. Hospital Operations, Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital. “With the addition of Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, we are poised to bring world-class cancer care to residents of Camden County.”
The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center in Jefferson, one of 71 National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers nationwide, is a nationally recognized center for practice-changing discovery and comprehensive treatment of cancer, offering deep and broad experience in all aspects of cancer, from the laboratory to the clinic. Its mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and their families through compassion, innovation and breakthrough discoveries.
With you, every step of the way
Patients have peace of mind knowing that no matter where they are on their journey, the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center is with them. Speak with a Certified Oncology Nurse Navigator today by calling 856-218-5324.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Washington Township
900, medical center promenade,
Sewell, New Jersey 08080
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Medical Oncology
2211 Chapel Avenue West, Suite 303,
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002