DALLAS, May 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — In recognition of Mother’s Day on Sunday May 8, Susan G. Komen®the world’s largest breast cancer organization, and Major League Baseball (MLB) are teaming up to put moms first and raise awareness to help reduce breast cancer rates.
In 2022, nearly 44,000 people in the United States are expected to die from breast cancer – most women with breast cancer have no family history of the disease and risk factors vary by race and ethnicity.
The partnership between Komen and MLB is a collaboration to support Komen’s “Share a Moment with Mom” campaign through several on- and off-court activations that will educate individuals about breast cancer risk factors and raise funds. for research in order to find the cures. The “Share a Moment With Mom” campaign will launch a special Mother’s Day tribute video, which will air Sunday on Komen’s social media channels and website. The video will appear in stadiums and feature MLB players with their mothers such as Pete Alonso, Tim Anderson, Carlos Correa, Carlos Rodon, Mike Troutand many more.
“Partnering with Major League Baseball gives Susan G. Komen a new platform and access to thousands of sports fans about the warning signs of breast cancer and the programs Komen offers to support those who are currently living with breast cancer,” said Paula SchneiderPresident and CEO of Susan G. Komen.
“Mother’s Day is a special day to recognize and remember all the moms in our lives, and this year we have chosen to partner with Susan G. Komen to honor all of those moms who have provided love and support. unwavering, gentle compassion and guidance, many of them have been touched by breast cancer,” said April BrownVice President of Social Responsibility, Major League Baseball.
The partnership between Susan G. Komen and Major League Baseball includes:
On the field:
- Unique caps specially designed by New Era with the club’s pink logos (worn by all players, managers, coaches and other personnel on the pitch)
- A matching pair of Stance socks is available for each player
- Field personnel can wear pink wristbands and will wear special breast cancer awareness, pink MLB silhouette decals on Nike jerseys
- Major League players may continue to use special pink bats provided by Louisville Slugger or another approved bat supplier.
- Commemorative base jewelry
At the stadium :
- Many League clubs have partnered with Komen to honor moms in ballparks as part of Komen’s “Share a Moment with Mom” program.
- Komen’s special Mother’s Day video will be shared at Major League Baseball stadiums across the country, as well as on Komen’s website and social media.
For more information on the various clubs holding stadium events on matchdays, contact Cristobal Martinez to Susan G. Komen at [email protected].
About Susan G. Komen®
Susan G. Komen® is the world’s leading non-profit breast cancer organization, working to save lives and eradicate breast cancer forever. Komen has an unparalleled, comprehensive 360-degree approach to fighting this disease on all fronts and supporting millions of people in the United States and countries around the world. We advocate for patients, drive breakthroughs in research, improve access to high-quality care, provide direct patient support, and empower people with trusted information. Founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life, Komen remains committed to supporting those affected by breast cancer today, while tirelessly researching the remedies of tomorrow. To visit komen.org or dial 1-877 GO KOMEN. Join us on social media at www.komen.org/contact us/follow us/.
Media Contact: Cristobal Martinez
Susan G. Komen
SOURCESuzanne G. Komen