- Baseball America has updated its 100 best prospects 2022, and three Mariners were on the list. Noelvi Marte (48), Edwin Arroyo (49) and Matt Brash (71). ($)
- Baseball Prospectus did a breakdown of the changes Andrés Muñoz made that led to his recent success ($)
- Erik Swanson joined the club
Erik Swanson has been reinstated from the paternity list and Jacob Barnes has been slated for assignment in a corresponding move.
—Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) July 11, 2022
In response, the MLBPA released a statement supporting its decision.
- After fifteen years, Matthew Berry is leaving ESPN and has released a statement about it.
- The 2022 All-Star Game jerseys have been revealed and, in my opinion, are a significant improvement over last year’s.
- Updates were given on some of the Rays’ recent injuries, including Wander Franco’s.
And it looks like Tampa Bay’s bad luck in that regard continues, as Josh Fleming is likely heading to IL as well.
#Rays say Fleming was taken out of play with a right oblique tightness and will be assessed further on Tuesday
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) July 12, 2022
- Pirates outfielder Bryan Reynolds, often discussed as a potential trade target for many teams lately, is heading to the 10-day IL.
Pirates say OF Bryan Reynolds took part in 10-day IL due to strained right oblique
— RobBiertempfel (@RobBiertempfel) July 11, 2022
- Rangers also shuffled the roster due to some injuries.
Sam Huff will be recalled today. Mitch Garver’s operation was successful.
Meanwhile, Dane Dunning at the IL with a right ankle impingement. Kolby Allard has been recalled for the time being, but the already thin rotation has just thinned.
— Levi Weaver (@ThreeTwoEephus) July 11, 2022
- The Phillies are also experiencing a roster shake-up, but instead of getting hurt, it’s due to the unvaccinated status of several of their players as they prepare for a series in Toronto.
The Phillies will put Realmuto, Bohm, Nola and Gibson on the shortlist for Toronto. They lose wages and service time for two days. Other potential absences were mitigated by demotions to minors/injured.
— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) July 11, 2022
- When a team you follow is struggling, holidays are welcome. When a team you follow performs like the Mariners did, it leaves a void. Luckily, Lydia Cruz graced us with this tweet of Mariners content that absolutely sparks joy and helped fill the gap between game days.